Archive for Blog
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer to retire within 12 months. Quoting Forbes:
“Ballmer, who has drawn criticism from investors for allowing rivals like Apple and Google to outrun Microsoft in mobile devices, is currently trying to transform Microsoft to focus on devices and services rather than just software.”
I ran into this funny animation on reddit, and just had to share it.
Credits go to redditor “thereal135i“. He states that this animation was inspired by the following drawing, drawn by another redditor, “SexualWeasel”
I find both hilarious.
Here’s another variation posted on YouTube
In case you missed them, here are some of my NSA/PRISM related cartoons:   
Here are a few updates on what’s going on with the site:
- As of yesterday it’s no longer possible to post comments on the site.
In the past year I’ve noticed a dramatic decrease in the number of submitted comments, even though the number of visitors to the site increased significantly. Most of you seem to prefer discussing the comics on Facebook, GPlus, Twitter, Reddit and the likes, and that’s totally cool.
On the other side of the equation, the number of spam comments on the site soared. Installing popular anti-spam plug-ins decreased their numbers slightly, but the numbers were still overwhelming – on an average week I moderated about two to five authentic comments, and close to a thousand(!) spam comments.
Taking both sides of the equation into account, I decided to disable comments on the site. I know this may be frustrating to some of you, but I hope it’s for the best, as the time saved on moderating comments will be dedicated to producing more comics.
Note that even though you can’t see your previous comments, they’re still here. If the day comes when I decide to restore comments to the site, your old comments would be restored as well.
If you want to contact me personally, you can still do it here, or just Tweet / FB mesasge / GPlus message me.
- Social media updates: More than 4700 of you follow our comics on Facebook, more than 1400 on Twitter, and almost 200 on GPlus. Several hundreds of you are subscribed via e-mail, and roughly 1500 of you via RSS. Just wanted to say thank you all for your support!
- Speaking of RSS, a few months ago Google announced it’s closing Google Reader. Reader will not be available as of July 1st 2013. If you haven’t done it yet, it’s strongly recommended that you switch to a new reader (and best do it before July 1st, since some RSS readers allow you to import your Google Reader feeds). There are many such services – personally I’ve chosen Feedly, but Netvibes and Newsblur are also good alternatives. (EDIT: Following this post I got a mail suggesting I add RSSOwl [ http://www.rssowl.org/ ] and Tiny Tiny RSS [ http://tt-rss.org/ ] to the list. Thanks, Vedran!)
- Last layout change for today – the blog section no longer appears in the homepage. If you want to see all blog posts, click on “Blog” in the upper menu. Viewing comics is still as same as before.
If you have any suggestion or questions regarding the latest changes, feel free to contact me.
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new Pope!
- Thanks to everyone who joined our new Google Plus page! As promised, one of you gets to be featured in one of our future cartoons. And the winner is… Nitin Shetty! Congratulations Nitin, please contact me here for instructions on what to do next.
- In the next couple of weeks I’ll start moving old posts from our Tumblr blog and integrate them to the site. If you’re an RSS subscriber or e-mail subscriber, these posts may pop up in your feed/mailbox, I apologize in advance for this slight inconvenience.
- As promised, within a few weeks we’ll have a new raffle for ALL our regular subscribers and readers – with cool prizes! More details soon…
That’s it. See you soon with a brand new comic!
©2010-2016 Idan Schneider Powered by WordPress with ComicPress