The Astonishing Effects of Smartphones on Our Lives
This cartoon was largely inspired by the latest Time Magazine mobility poll. Here are some interesting numbers from that poll:
- 17% of people said they check their phone at every meal, regardless of whom they’re dining with.
- 62% of Brits said that smartphones make it easier for them to be away from family
- 60% of Chinese say their mobile device come at times between them and their spouse
- Average age thought appropriate for a child to own a mobile phone: 13
- 66% said they’d rather take their mobile device for work than their lunch.
- 36% of people between the ages of 25-29 used their smartphone to commit adultery!
- 55% of people in that age group used their smartphone to send suggestive pictures…
- …and 10% of people above the age of 65 used their smartphone to send suggestive pictures!
- 32% of Americans say they almost always use their smartphone while driving! 36% of Americans use them while riding public transportation.
- 60% of Americans use their smartphones while watching TV.
- 47% of Indians say they almost always use their smartphone while watching a movie.
- Almost 70% of place their mobile devices next to their beds while sleeping at night.
- 29% of Americans claim their wireless device is ALWAYS the first and last thing they look at every day