Funny how one of the top U.S. technological achievements to date, the Stealth Destroyer (USS Zumwalt, led by captain James Kirk!), was launched barely a month after the launch of the “Obamacare website”, Healthcare.gov, which had one of the worst website launches ever (especially when considering the buzz that was made before its launch and what’s at stake). A month after its launch, the website still suffers from major glitches.
Technology – making it easier for moms to nag you since like 5 years ago.
Also makes it easier for bosses, exes, and stalkers.
This is my last cartoon for 2012. Hope you enjoyed this year of C-Section Comics, here’s to a better 2013!
This cartoon was largely inspired by the latest Time Magazine mobility poll. Here are some interesting numbers from that poll:
- 17% of people said they check their phone at every meal, regardless of whom they’re dining with.
- 62% of Brits said that smartphones make it easier for them to be away from family
- 60% of Chinese say their mobile device come at times between them and their spouse
- Average age thought appropriate for a child to own a mobile phone: 13
- 66% said they’d rather take their mobile device for work than their lunch.
- 36% of people between the ages of 25-29 used their smartphone to commit adultery!
- 55% of people in that age group used their smartphone to send suggestive pictures…
- …and 10% of people above the age of 65 used their smartphone to send suggestive pictures!
- 32% of Americans say they almost always use their smartphone while driving! 36% of Americans use them while riding public transportation.
- 60% of Americans use their smartphones while watching TV.
- 47% of Indians say they almost always use their smartphone while watching a movie.
- Almost 70% of place their mobile devices next to their beds while sleeping at night.
- 29% of Americans claim their wireless device is ALWAYS the first and last thing they look at every day